Rosa (Lisa) Díaz is a partner in charge of the firm’s litigation and labor departments. She specializes in litigation and alternative dispute resolution of civil, commercial and labor matters, in such industries as telecommunications, intellectual property, and environment.
Prior to joining JCP in 2003, Mrs. Díaz worked five years at the local office of an international firm, where in the last three years she held the position of associate.
Recent Representative Experience
- Regularly counsels on labor matters related to contracting, implementation and termination of high- profile labor relationships.
- Advised multinational companies operating in the country on large scale termination of employees, as well as managing and handling disputes with workers unions.
- Served as local counsel in international arbitration cases under the ICC rules; served as lead counsel in local arbitration cases (institutional and ad hoc).
- Represented foreign clients in claims against local counterparties originating outside the Dominican Republic, especially in the United States.
- Chambers Latin America, Labor and Employment, 2013, 2014 and 2015 – “Up and Coming”
- The Legal 500, Dispute Resolution, 2012 and 2015
- Doing Business 2011, Labor Chapter – Dominican Republic, World Bank and International Finance Corporation, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.