Ms. Perez specializes in litigation and alternative dispute resolution of labor and employement and other civil matters, criminal matters, enforcement of guarantees, collection and recovery of assets, as well as the tourism law.
Before joining JCP as an associate, Marlene Perez worked at various local courts and later as an associate at a local firm in the area of litigation.
Recent Representative Experience
- Represented a prestigious financial entity in the Dominican Republic in multiple lawsuits with favorable outcomes, avoiding severance payments of approximately US$1.2 million.
- Represented various companies with foreign capital in multiple civil and criminal proceedings initiated on their behalf for recovery of losses over US$5 million.
- Fundación Institucionalidad y Justicia (FINJUS) Certificate in Civil Law and Procedure, 2012
- Fundación Institucionalidad y Justicia (FINJUS) Ceritificate in Civil and Commercial Juridical Practice, 2011
- Universidad Autónoma de Santo Domingo (UASD) Certificate in Enforcement of Judgments, 2004
- Universidad Autónoma de Santo Domingo (UASD) Certificate in Civil Procedure, 2004
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Santo Domingo (PUCMM) LLB, 2004
- Bar of the Dominican Republic