Heiddy Moronta works as a senior associate at the firm, specializing in project finance, foreign investment, environment, energy, immigration, economic regulation and corporate law.
Before joining JCP in 2004, Ms. Moronta completed three years at the local office of an international law firm, first as a paralegal and later as an associate in the corporate department.
Ms. Moronta was on the drafting team of the General Law on Commercial Entities and Limited Liability Companies passed in 2009.
Chambers Latin America 2013 quotes its sources hailing Ms. Moronta as a "young and dedicated environment lawyer who delivers high-quality advice.”
Recent Representative Experience
- Handled opening, installation, and closing of industrial parks and businesses in free trade zones, as well as the management of environmental permits for various types of businesses and projects;
- Participated in due diligence and drafting of financing agreements on behalf of an international investment fund granting US$35 million to local tourism developers;
- Recently participated in the negotiation, structuring and obtaining authorization for the acquisition of a financial entity in the amount of US$4 million;
- Handled due diligence, negotiation, structuring and obtaining permits for the acquisition of an insurance company in the amount of US$4 million; provided assistance to purchasers of new investment in the company, including registration of its foreign investment at the Center of Exports and Investment of the Dominican Republic;
- Drafted power purchase agreements (PPAs) and equipment purchase and sale agreements and obtained the permits required for a private solar power generation project;
- Assists corporate clients with obtaining immigration permits for their employees and foreign contractors;
- Currently works on installation of a wind farm of approximately 100 MW, including negotiations, obtaining permits and drafting of contracts;
- Currently works on the drafting of relevant documentation and negotiation to obtain an operating license for a commercial bank with over US$4 million investment.
- Chambers Latin America 2013 – Band W
- Fulbright-LASPAU Scholar, 2002
- Environemental Impact of DR-CAFTA on the Dominican Republic, graduate theris; University of Houston Law Center, 2004.
- General Law on Environment No. 64-00 and its Impact on Foreign Investment in the Dominican Republic, graduate thesis, Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM), 2001.
- Instituto OMG Certificate in Corporate Finance, 2013
- Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra, (PUCMM) Postgraduate Degree in Civil Procedure, 2005
- University of Houston Law Center Fulbright-LASPAU Scholar LLM in International Business, 2004
- Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra, (PUCMM) LLB, 2002, cum laude
- Bar of the Dominican Republic
- Latin American Council of International and Comparative Law (COLADIC) of Fulbright Alumni Foundation, Dominican Republic
- Legal Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce of the Dominican Republic (AMCHAM)
- Legal Committee of the National Network of Business Support for Environmental Protection (ECORED)