Jiménez Cruz Peña believes that businesses must take a more proactive role in shaping emerging financial, tax, energy, and investment policy. To do so, they need responsive advocates and a direct line to policymakers across all branches of the government. JCP excels at the regulatory and legislative process, representing its clients’ position at the highest levels, while upholding its commitment to transparency and accountability in dealings with the government agencies.
We have successfully represented our clients in contract negotiations with the Dominican State and in obtaining approval for initiatives towards protecting the interests of our clients at the administrative and congressional levels. We have also made strides within these levels to promote and obtain modifications in regulatory proposals of interest to our clients.
JCP successfully represents interests of for-profit corporations before the legislative and executive branches of the Dominican government, tracks legislative initiatives that affect clients’ position, and present alternatives that would take into consideration both interests of the state and its clients.
From concessions in mining and infrastructure industries to PPAs and government procurement contracts, the firm provides excellent support in all types of transactions with the Dominican government: designing a strategy for obtaining a contract, drafting a term sheet, meetings with relevant public agencies to gain support and meet requirements, following up at all stages of approval of a contract into a law by the Congress.
JCP lawyers have been involved in drafting some of the most important legislation affecting business in the Dominican Republic, such as General Law on Companies and Individual Limited Liability Entities (2008) and Law on Commercial Arbitration (2008). The firm keeps track of all legislative efforts in the country and provides up-to-date information to its clients on any new developments to allow an opportunity to participate in the public discussions.
- Representing regulated industries before all branches of Dominican government;
- Obtaining financial incentives for attracting foreign investment projects
- Initiating legislative proposals
- Government Contracting & Licensing
- Concessions in mining, infrastructure, energy and other regulated industries
- Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs)
- Government procurement contracts
- Licenses for all types of regulated activities
- Legislative Support
- Tracking legislative initiatives in Congress
- Participation in drafting legislation
- Represented a Canadian gold mining company Barrick Gold in obtaining a concession for exploration of Loma Miranda, previous environmental cleanup, and renegotiation of the concession.
- Representation of Transamerican Hoteles, SA, operating Renaissance Jaragua Hotel & Casino in Santo Domingo in negotiations of a real property lease with the Dominican government.
- Representation of ________________ in obtaining a license for the installation of technology platforms involving an investment of approximately US$50 million.
- Representation of local pharmaceutical producers in introducing legislation granting them financial incentives enabling to produce cheaper alternatives.
- Representing local cigar manufacturers in efforts to block new tax on sale of tobacco products affecting artisan cigar manufacturing industry.
- Representation of an Australian gold mining company Envirogold in obtaining a concession to develop Las Lagunas gold/silver tailings retreatment project and registering its investment with the CEI-RD.
Nouvelles et publications
Industries & Practice
- Derecho Administrativo
- Agencia y Distribución
- Corporativo y M&A
- Regulación Económica
- Derecho Ambiental
- Banca y Finanzas
- Inversión Extranjera
- Propiedad Intelectual
- Trabajo & Empleo
- Estructuración y Finan. Proyectos
- Zonas Francas
- Tecnología y Ciencia
- Aviación y Aeroespacial
- Aviación y Aeroespacial
- Bienes Raíces y Turismo
- Salud y Seguros
- Deportes y Entretenimiento
- Arbitraje Internacional