- Banking and Finance
Jiménez Cruz Peña draws value from the unique experience it gained representing global financial institutions and financial services companies in local and cross-border deals. JCP attorneys possess significant insight into the local market conditions and realities in the negotiating, structuring, and documenting financial agreements of all types. Although our clients include both borrowers and lenders, JCP’s particular strength comes from its experience representing both national and international banks and private equity firms in investment projects.
The firm’s lender prospective is most valuable when it comes to securing the investment in an emerging market, such as the Dominican Republic. The JCP team has dealt with every aspect of the locally based collateral - mortgages, asset liens, share pledges, holding trusts, and receivables, among others – from their registration to enforcement.
The JCP team also regularly advises multilateral development banks, such the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), European Investment Bank (EIB), and French Development Agency (AFD) with financing projects in the Dominican Republic.
Chambers and Partners Latin America top-ranks JCP for its expertise in financing and restructuring. The ILFR 1000 describes the firm as an "up- and-coming” with a "diverse client base" and active in many financial and corporate deals, noting that name partners Luis Julio Jiménez and Marcos Peña Rodriguez receive impressive market feedback.
- Multi-Tranche Finance
- Capital Markets
- Workouts and Restructuring
- Financial Contracts and Products
- Real Estate
- Traditional and Renewable Energy
- Representation of a foreign investor in a US$800 million energy project.
- Representation of Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) in the financing and structuring of security in the electric sector for approximately US$65 million.
- Structuring and implementation of a US$41 million credit facility with an over US$17 million equity investment option by a private equity fund to a local real estate developer.
- Representation of a multinational bank on two restructurings worth $62.5 million.