Yesenia Bachá specializes in real estate and business law, focusing her professional practice on real estate and tourism project development, as well as real estate litigation in both civil and land jurisdictions.
Prior to joining JCP in 2010, Ms. Bachá interned at the Urbanization Department of the City Council of Barcelona, Spain, as part of the team responsible for granting business operation licenses. During 2008-2009, she worked at the legal department for one of the largest financial institutions in the Dominican Republic, in charge of its real estate portfolio.
Recent Relevant experience
- Participated in due diligence for the US$8 million acquisition of a local financial entity and insurance company by a foreign corporation.
- Represented clients in connection with obtaining tax exemptions from the Ministry of Tourism through its Tourism Development Council (CONFOTUR) under Law 158-01 promoting development of major tourism projects in Bávaro, Punta Cana and Juan Dolio.
- Participated in due diligence in connection with a financing of a wind farm by a foreign company, as well as registration of its foreign direct investment at the Center for Foreign Investment of the Dominican Republic (CEI-RD).
- Represents local and foreign financial entities in civil and land jurisdictions.
- Land Surveying as Established in the new Law 108-05 on Real Estate Registry [El deslinde como procedimiento establecido por la nueva Ley 108-05 de Registro Inmobiliario], Popular Group’s Magazine, 2010.
- Fundación Institucionalidad y Justicia (FINJUS) Certificate in Trust and Real Estate Development, 2013
- Fundación Institucionalidad y Justicia (FINJUS) Certificate in Financial Markets Law: New Banking Regulations, 2012
- Universidad Pompeu Fabra - Instituto de Estudios Superiores (IDEC) Postgraduate Degree in Construction and Urbanization Law, 2007
- Universidad Iberoamericana (UNIBE) LLB, 2005
- Bar of the Dominican Republic