- Health and Insurance
Jiménez Cruz Peña’s team has an extensive experience representing insurance companies, as well as policyholders in evaluating and structuring insurance programs, selecting and negotiating coverage, handling and litigating claims.
JCP counsels global and local insurance companies on handling all regulatory matters with the local authorities. In fact, after approval of the Law No 87-01 creating the Dominican Social Security System in 2001, JCP has been actively involved in its implementation and shaping accompanying regulations by closely working with the Superintendence of Health and Labor Safety (“SISARIL”). The firm also represents private insurance companies before with the Superintendence of Insurance in relation to all administrative matters, as well as working with the legislature to promote and protect their interests.
In addition, JCP handles such other aspects of insurance companies operations as: interpreting and negotiating contracts with pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, doctors, laboratories, as well as drafting and revising patient standard contracts.
JCP is also closely familiar with the issues arising during acquisition of insurance companies, having handled a number of such transactions.
- Analysis, Structuring, and Negotiation of Policies
- Insurance Programs Evaluation
- Insurance Claims
- Coverage Opinions
- Assessment and Negotiation
- Litigation and Arbitration
- Counseling on Corporate Insurance and Risk Management Issues
- Representation before Local Regulators
- Superintendence of Health and Labor Safety
- Superintendence of Insurance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Representation of local insurance companies
- Representation of foreign investors
- Due diligence on insurance issues
- Representation of the largest Dominican health insurer in a variety of regulatory and administrative matters, successful defense of claims in courts, and operational issues
- Representation of a Panamanian insurance company in acquisition of a Dominican health insurer.