- Aviation And Aerospace
The firm has one of the largest aviation practices in the country with bustling tourism industry, assisting airlines and aviation related businesses with regulatory, administrative, commercial, enforcement, and litigation matters. We represent the largest airlines in the Dominican Republic, companies providing ramp and catering services to airlines, and insurance companies working with airlines.
JCP lawyers address client's needs in all legal and business aspects related to the airline industry. JCP represents local and international airlines in connection with all transactional and regulatory matters: establishing an airline's presence in the Dominican Republic; obtaining financing within the sector; obtaining permits and licenses from the government authorities such as the Civil Aviation Board (JAC), Dominican Institute of Civil Aviation (IDAC) and Aviation Security Agency (CESAC); transferring and leasing aircrafts; recording mortgages on aircrafts, and all of the airlines labor matters. In addition, JCP’s litigation team can handle all court matters ranging from concession related disputes, to passenger and cargo claims, air accidents, and conflicts with the Civil Aviation Board.
Companies in the business of airport management also rely on JCP’s expertise with full range of ground services to aircrafts, such as drafting service agreements with more than 75 airlines operating in the Dominican Republic including below the wing operations, such as baggage handling, parking, aircraft cooling and heating, loading and unloading of passengers, air start services, safety measures upon departure and arrival, moving aircrafts, interior cleaning, and catering and water services, among others.
Finally, JCP also represents companies located in airports’ duty free areas in connection with establishing operations and requesting tax exemptions.
- Airline alliances
- Airport access
- Essential air service
- Permits and licensing
- Flight operations
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Safety regulation
- Purchase and sale / lease transactions
- Registration, permits and licensing
- Financing and tax matters
- Aircraft usage issues
- Aircraft operations
Ground supoort services
- Baggage handling
- Catering services
- Water services
- Defense of passenger and cargo claims
- Labor and employment claims
- Concession disputes
- Administrative claims before the Civil Aviation Board
- Representation of American Airlines in connection with transferring, leasing and mortgaging aircrafts; handling labour matters and concessions; defending, passenger or cargo claims; defending interests before the Civil Aviation Board.
- Representation of American Eagles Airline in connection with rebranding into Envoy Air including registration, restructuring and modification of its operations.
- Representation of Caribbean Catering Service, the sole catering company servicing Punta Cana International Airport serving more than 30 airlines in connection with establishing and operating catering and rotation services.
- Representation of a French aircraft owner in connection with recovery of its forfeited aircraft from local authorities.