The JCP lawyers understand unique needs of the country’s sprawling hospitality industry and are well equipped to provide a full range of services to local and international hotel chains, resorts, golf courses, individual restaurateurs and restaurant chains, franchisers and franchisees, packaged food companies, food manufacturers, as well as their lenders, investors, joint ventures and operating partners.
JCP’s multidisciplinary approach allows it to manage every aspect of our clients’ business, from corporate set up, project development, and financing - to operations, restructurings, M&As and winding-up, as well as a host of other issues relevant to the hospitality industry: land use, trademark protection, environmental, import, tax and agency and franchise matters.
JCP’s foreign investment experts help the clients find the optimal structure of their investment to take advantage of the country’s laws on tourism incentives.
JCP litigation team is second to none when it comes to handling hotels and restaurants related employment and labor claims, commercial and real estate disputes, and tort claims, among others, in local courts and international arbitration proceedings.
- Project funding and organisational matters
- Corporate finance
- Buy-sell agreements and other business contracts
- Purchase and sale of hotels, resorts, and restaurants and their assets;
- Licensing, compliance, and regulatory issues general labor relations and employment advice
- Real estate
- Purchase and sale and leasing
- Land use and zoning issues
- Title search and registration
- Registration of rights of way, mortgages, liens, etc.
- Verification of property boundaries
- Project Development
- Negotiation, drafting and implementation of construction, operation, and management agreements for turn-key projects
- Restructuring and renovation of existing projects
- Tax optimization counseling
- Intellectual property protection
- Franchise law
- Labor and employment claims of personnel of hotels,resorts, and restaurants
- Tort claims
- Commercial disputes between franchisors and franchisees
- Unfair competition claims
- Construction claims
- Trademark infringement claims
- Representation of the operator of one of the largest international hotel chains in connection with remodeling of its facility in Santo Domingo
- Representation of a Spanish hotel chain located in Punta Cana in connection with its commercial operations, relationships with suppliers, and labor claims, among others
- Representation of a luxury golf resort in La Romana in connection with commercial operations.