Julio is an associate with the firm, specializing in Alternative Dispute Resolution and Civil and Commercial Litigation.
Prior to joining JCP in 2014, Mr. Cano practiced civil litigation for over four year at one of the largest top ranking firms in the Dominican Republic. Earlier, he worked as __________ for the Civil and Commercial Chamber of the Court of Appeals of the National District for over two years.
Julio has been a faculty member of the Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM), teaching Legal Practice and Civil Liability as part of master's degree programs.
Recent Relevant Experience
- Represents clients in court cases related to contracts and overall civil liability.
- Defended one of the major insurance companies in the country in cases related to enforcement of insurance contracts and tort liability, obtaining in one of such cases reversal of a US$ 9 million judgment.
- Successfully defended a worldwide leading power plant construction company against a US$ __________ claim for commission by an agent in the Dominican Republic.
- Defended interests of national and international institutions, as well as the Dominican state institutions in various lawsuits brought before the Dominican courts.
- First Place at First Corporate Law Contest, PUCMM, May-June 2009
- The lifting of the corporate veil under the new corporate law, graduate thesis, Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM), 2009.
- The use of patent medicine without the authorization of the Right Holder as a mechanism to protect the Right to Health, graduate thesis, Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM), 2011.