Henry Pastrano is an associate of the firm, with concentration in business law, project financing, direct foreign investment, tourism industry, economic regulations, and corporate law.
Before joining JCP, Mr. Pastrano worked as part of the legal team of a financial institution and, later on, of prominent tourism real estate developments in the DR, as well as counsel for law firms in Santo Domingo and Punta Cana rendering services mainly for international clients.
Recent relevant experience
- Represented interests of savings and loans associations in the discussions and consultations in connection with approval of the Monetary and Financial Law.
- Participated in due diligence and collateral registration in connection with public offerings in excess of US$200 million by tourism real estate developments.
- Participated in various financing transactions of energy projects with international financial institutions.
- Participated in negotiations for acquisition and operation of high end hotel and tourism companies.
- Managed the process of approval and obtaining permits and licenses for entities under the tourism incentive legislation.
- Participated in drafting and follow up of multiple turnkey construction agreements.
- Participated in negotiations and drafting of agreements for acquisition and operation of electricity generation plants.
- Getting the Deal Through – Labour and Employment 2013 – Dominican Republic; Law Business Research, Ltd., (http://gettingthedealthrough.com/books/18/labour- employment/) (coauthor).
- Third Party Liability in Joint Ventures, graduate thesis, Universidad Nacional Pedro Henríquez Ureña (UNPHU), (Spanish 2000).