Gisselle Valera focuses her profesional practice on corporate law, foreign investment, intelectual property, government relations, and the sectors of energy, mining, free zones, agriculture, and tourism.
Before she joined JCP in 2008, Ms. Valera worked for two years at the legal department of one of the largest tourism real estate developments in the country, and did several interships abroad including at the Organization of American States (OAS) and the International Section of the American Bar Association.
Recent Relevant Experience
- Participated in mergers and acquisitions covering the major areas of the economy in the Dominican Republic, as well as corporate and immigration matters, permits, and registration of foreign investment in the areas of conventional and alternative energy, mining, tourism and agriculture;
- Has extensive experience with incorporation of non-profit organizations in the country;
- Regularly advises clients on protection of intellectual property rights, including national and international registries and sanitary registries of products produced or imported into the country, as well as disputes brought before the National Industrial Property Office (ONAPI);
- Advised several enterprises on establishing in tax free zones, including registration with various agencies, removal of tax obligations attributed incorrectly to such free zone enterprises, and representation in various administrative claims before governmental agencies.
- National Young Talent Award by the Dominican Technological Institute (INTEC), 2005