- Environmental Law
The JCP team handles a wide range of environmental matters, from transactional advice, compliance, and lobbying to litigation, emergency response, and remediation.
Closely working with the Ministry of Environment, the JCP lawyers obtain licenses and authorizations for new and existing projects, including construction, installation in tax free zones, manufacturing and production, transport of hazardous materials, and import and export, among others. In mergers and acquisitions, JCP is irreplaceable when it comes to environmental due diligence ensuring the most thorough and profound analysis.
Many clients praise JCP for its ability to come up with a swift action plan for environmental emergencies, handling every aspect, from clean-up proposals to damage control, litigation and long-term measures. Finally, JCP has excellent relationships with governmental agencies and non-profit institutions, such as ECORED (The National Network of Business Support for Environmental Protection), closely collaborating on new legislative proposals and regulations.
Chambers Latin America 2013 quotes its sources hailing Heiddy Moronta as a "young and dedicated environment lawyer who delivers high-quality advice.
- Transactional Counseling
- Environmental due diligence during corporate mergers andacquisitions
- Installation of tax free zone parks and companies without those parks
- Real estate transactions and related financing
- Land use
- Emergency Response and Remediation
- Drafting a plan of remedial measures, including clean-up, damage control, and long term measures, and obtaining its approval at the Ministry of Environment
- litigation and administrative proceedings at all levels
- Environmental Compliance
- Draft biannual and annual compliance reports
- Obtain authorizations for import and export, shipment, and transport of industrial goods
- Apply and obtain bonuses and carbon points at the Clean Mechanism Development Office (CDM)
- Regulatory Work
- Drafting legislative proposals and regulations as part of the legal committee of ECORED
- Lobbying at the Ministry of Environment and Congress
- Representation of one of the largest international clothes manufacturer in obtaining an environmental license for an industrial park and the only company to be located within that park
- Representation of an international hotel chain in obtaining licenses and ensuring environmental compliance in connection with remodeling of a hotel in Santo Domingo
- Representation of an existing oxygen manufacturing plant in obtaining licenses and bringing it in compliance with existing environmental standards
- Representation of a corporation in a water contamination case and handing all administrative proceedings stemming from it
- Drafting legislation on management of used automobile tires, handling of solids residue, and water management, among others