Jennifer Beauchamps is an associate with the firm, specializing in project finance, foreign investment, energy, tax, and corporate law.
Before joining JCP in 2011, Ms. Beauchamps worked as an associate in local firms in Santo Domingo and Punta Cana for over six years. Subsequently, she served as an in-house counsel a group of companies focused on development and financing of real estate projects and renewable energy.
Relevant Recent Experience
- Advised one of the largest multinational banks on implementation and execution of various large scale financing projects, including: (i) financing of over US$7 million acquisition of shares of one of the largest tobacco group in the country, (ii) US$16 million financing of a local sugar company’ purchase and installation of equipment.
- Participates in due diligence, contract drafting, implementation of corporate authorizations, and perfection of security interest in connection with a US$65 million collateralized senior loan by a international investment fund to a local developer of tourism projects in the Dominican Republic.
- Participated in due diligence and preparation of agreements and local corporate documents in connection with the acquisition of a local importer and producer of biofuel.
- Represented a foreign fund in connection with its investment in one of the largest business groups, focused on production and distribution of energy in the country.
- Participated in due diligence and acquisition of a majority interest in the major poultry producer in the Dominican Republic.
- Advised an international alcoholic beverage producer in the negotiation and sale of its equity interest in one of the largest liquor companies in the Caribbean.
- Advised on renegotiation of an agency agreement with respect to the distribution of the products of a major US automotive company in the country.
- Participated in a greenhouses installation project in the Dominican Republic with over US$7 million in investment, including obtaining permits, acquisition and installation of greenhouses, negotiating distribution agreements and product sales in the local and international markets.
- Advises on corporate restructuring, tax aspects of businesses and their operations, as well as the commercial contracts of all types.
- Wind Energy: Investing into the Future. [Energía Eólica: Invirtiendo para el Futuro.] Revista AMCHAMDR 12, No. 2, April 2009 (Spanish text).
- Legal Framework on Mining in Force in the Dominican Republic [El Régimen Legal Minero Vigente en la República Dominicana], graduate thesis, Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM), 2003.
- Universidad Iberoamericana (UNIBE) / Gaceta Judicial Certificate in Law 189-11 on Developing Mortgage Market and Trusts and its Regulations, 2012
- Universidad de León-Funiber (online course) Certificate in Application of Renewable Energy, 2010
- FINJUS /Universidad Nacional Pedro Henríquez Ureña (UNPHU) Certificate in Application of Real Estate Norms and Regulations and its Tax Regime in the Dominican Republic, 2009
- Gaceta Judicial / Universidad Interamericana Certificate in Contract Drafting, 2006
- Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM) LLM in Business and Economic Law, 2006
- Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM) LLB, 2003, magna cum laude
- Bar of the Dominican Republic